Good evening – Here’s the scoop:
- We’re hanging on to www.agudathachim.org for awhile until some of the techie issues can sorted through on a thoughtful basis
- The core address for our new site is www.jewishtaunton.com While this isn’t the actual site name, it will get you to the right place. Eventually it will become the only name. If you’re curious and want the actual site name, look i the http:// line above and you’ll find it.
- The email address that you see plastered over the entire site – firstname.lastname@example.org – is set up so that all emails are forwarded to me. I’m one of those people who’s gotten used to checking e-mail on her BlackBerry, which means I don’t have to be in front of my computer to receive e-mails. I’m trained like so many around the world to notice the flashing red light and check for e-mails and/or text messages. This is a short-term solution. A longer term solution will evolve over time. I don’t want to be in the business of forwarding e-mails to people all the time, but we don’t currently receive much traffic on our existing website, so are not expecting it to be a problem. Actually, we’d like to have the problem of too much web traffic for me to handle!!
- There are a few sections that still need content/information and they should have it by the end of the day August 26, 2012. These are mainly in the Learn category (religious school, teens and Boker Tov programs) and in the Us category.
- While changes are easily made using the WordPress.com online software, it still takes time. You’ll find a website feedback link on the left sidebar. If you would please, use that rather than sending me an e-mail, it will help me respond.
- Mike Peckman is still our webmaster. Using WordPress.com means that he no longer is the only one who can manage the content – a relief to him! He can reserve his time for the technical underpinnings of the website. A win all around.
Finally – Kathy Novick’s dedication to preparing a comprehensive Sisterhood New Year’s Bulletin on behalf of Sisterhood and the entire congregation meant that there was a significant amount of content that she prepared and that I submitted which was readily available for use as content on our new website. On behalf of all of us, thanks, Kathy!
Thanks – and have a wonderful week, Rabbi Heath